Unexpected shutdowns

Discussion in 'Security Software' started by Todd, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Todd

Todd Guest

Hi,

I am having a problem with my XP, in that when the desktop loads...the systems reboots after 4-5 seconds after reaching the desktop. It isn't a heat issue as the system runs fine in Safe Mode, and I have scanned for viruses and I am up-to-date on XP patches. I have even run Stinger looking for the more common Trojans and so on....Any ideas

Thanks

Todd

Todd, Feb 5, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. Todd

siljaline Guest

reboots after 4-5 seconds after reaching the desktop. It isn't a heat issue as the
    system runs fine in Safe Mode, and I have scanned for viruses and I am up-to-date on
    XP patches. I have even run Stinger looking for the more common Trojans and so
    on....Any ideas?
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

HTH

--
    siljaline

MS - MVP Windows IE/OE

(Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

siljaline, Feb 5, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. Todd

Todd Guest

Thanks! Trying their advice now...

I think this error is the culprit:
    The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tie r1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

Todd, Feb 5, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question