Unable to Uninstall EZ Antivirus / Spyware on computer

Discussion in 'Dealing with Spyware' started by vaibhav, Feb 5, 2007.

1. vaibhav

vaibhav

I have taken Internet on my Home PC. I was not having any Virus protection. Now as I am connected to Internet I thought to get Virus Protection but I found one EZ antivirus & Amazor due to which I can't get Virus protection & when I try to uninstall it says failed to uninstall, I even can't any registry entry to remove.

Now I have 32 spyware & some bloody virus keep poping and I am confused what to do. Please suggest. I am afraid.

Should I formatt my system??????????????????:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:

vaibhav, Feb 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. vaibhav

Max Zorin

This is a rogue AV - an application that pretends to be an AV, but is not. It will pop up all sorts of bogus alerts saying you are infected with this and that - you are not - it is trying to convince you to pay for the software as it claims it will then be able to remove the infections.

These rogues are known to be hard to remove. You should download a free AM / AV like A Squared or Avira Free. These will be able to remove the rogue app.

You may have a problem downloading these as the rogue app will try to block their sires or redirect you to another site.

If this happens, try to download an alternative browser like firefox or google chrome as these may not be controled by the rogue.

Hope this helps.

MZ

Max Zorin, Mar 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question