Panostandalone

Discussion in 'Dealing with Spyware' started by mrroosky, Mar 4, 2007.

1. mrroosky

mrroosky

When I boot up my computer (WIN XP) I always get a small window stating that Panostandalone is being installed.....It never installs so I have to do a ctrl,alt,delete and have task manager close the program. One of the members stated that he also had the problem and he deleted HP smart files and the problem went away. Where can I find HP smart files so I can also delete them?:confused: I e-mailed Mr. GROJAS to get some input but never got a response.
    Anybody out there can help me?:)
    mrroosky

mrroosky, Mar 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. mrroosky

Adywebb

The PanoStandAlone software is part of HP Photosmart printers. The installation message will continue to appear until the software is installed. If you have an HP printer and you want the software installed the next time the computer is booted up and the message appears put the HP CD in and let the installation finish.

If you want to get rid of it totally you are probably going to have to remove the original HP software via add/remove programs, or navigate to Program File>Hewlett-Packard and see if the smart files are in there and delete.

Just be aware, if you are using a HP printer - then deleting these files may effect its use.

Also note, this is a Spyware site, so help with normal computer problems should really be posted at computer tech sites such as pcreview.co.uk

Adywebb, Mar 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. mrroosky

chittchatt

I too booted up my computer (WINXP) last Saturday night as per usual and then my windows installer appeared on the screen telling me it was trying to install this Panostandalone (which i have never heard of before in my life) and then it tells me I need to insert the CD Rom to complete installation and when I cancel it starts the whole process over and over again... it is driving me insane. Can anybody please tell me how to get rid of this continuous notification. :mad:

chittchatt, Aug 14, 2007
  4. mrroosky

Adywebb

As I said in my post above, Panostandalone is part of the HP Photosmart suite, I imagine you have a HP printer?

It appears that a portion of the HP software is installed but that the installation was not completed. The HP software that is installed will continue to attempt to install the missing software until it is successful. Once the installation is complete the request to perform the install will go away - when it next pops up, put in your HP CD and let it install the missing bits :thumb:

Adywebb, Aug 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question