Anti-Spyware Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

264 Rogue.Reg tools

 
 
John
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-05-2010, 08:12 AM
I have Windows XP SP3
A Malwarebytes scan has identified 264 files as Rogue.Reg tools in my
application data folder. They are all named the same as follows;
Regtool\QuarantineW\2009-02-28\14-12-400\regb..... ;each is then
followed by a number starting from 0 to 264.
Does anyone know what they are and would it be safe for me to get rid of
them?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David H. Lipman
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-05-2010, 10:07 AM
From: "John" <John@nospam>

| I have Windows XP SP3
| A Malwarebytes scan has identified 264 files as Rogue.Reg tools in my
| application data folder. They are all named the same as follows;
| Regtool\QuarantineW\2009-02-28\14-12-400\regb..... ;each is then
| followed by a number starting from 0 to 264.
| Does anyone know what they are and would it be safe for me to get rid of
| them?

Dump 'em all.

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ksreek
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      14-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Regtool is a Fake rouge Program !
Its a virus itself .
http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-regtool.html

Your Post Clarifies that the MBAM detected the Rougue successfully and all
its associated files successfuly.

Those files in the Quratine folder of the Rougue software are associated
with that programs and are considered as junk.Henceforth its safe to delete
them.Trash them with MBAM as suggested

Thanks
ksreek
Microsofty PSS

"John" wrote:

> I have Windows XP SP3
> A Malwarebytes scan has identified 264 files as Rogue.Reg tools in my
> application data folder. They are all named the same as follows;
> Regtool\QuarantineW\2009-02-28\14-12-400\regb..... ;each is then
> followed by a number starting from 0 to 264.
> Does anyone know what they are and would it be safe for me to get rid of
> them?

 
Reply With Quote
 
FromTheRafters
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      14-05-2010, 09:13 PM
"ksreek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Regtool is a Fake rouge Program !


....causing worldwide cosmetic damage;...

> Its a virus itself .
> http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-regtool.html


*Not* a virus.




 
Reply With Quote
 
David H. Lipman
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      14-05-2010, 09:33 PM
From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>

| "ksreek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Regtool is a Fake rouge Program !


| ...causing worldwide cosmetic damage;...

>> Its a virus itself .
>> http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-regtool.html


| *Not* a virus.


"Microsofty PSS"

Bwahahahahahahahaha.



--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp


 
Reply With Quote
 
All Points Pc
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      19-05-2010, 04:24 AM
yes u can get rid of them it is the infected files your virus protection
quarantine just delete them

"John" <John@nospam> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have Windows XP SP3
> A Malwarebytes scan has identified 264 files as Rogue.Reg tools in my
> application data folder. They are all named the same as follows;
> Regtool\QuarantineW\2009-02-28\14-12-400\regb..... ;each is then
> followed by a number starting from 0 to 264.
> Does anyone know what they are and would it be safe for me to get rid of
> them?
>
> ---
> avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
> Virus Database (VPS): 100518-1, 05/18/2010
> Tested on: 5/19/2010 12:23:25 AM
> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2010 ALWIL Software.
> http://www.avast.com
>
>
>



---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 100518-1, 05/18/2010
Tested on: 5/19/2010 12:24:47 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2010 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com



 
Reply With Quote
 
kumar gk
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-10-2010, 07:05 AM
for the best regtool http://mydude.co.cc/regtool/

> On Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:12 AM John wrote:


> I have Windows XP SP3
> A Malwarebytes scan has identified 264 files as Rogue.Reg tools in my
> application data folder. They are all named the same as follows;
> Regtool\QuarantineW\2009-02-28\14-12-400\regb..... ;each is then
> followed by a number starting from 0 to 264.
> Does anyone know what they are and would it be safe for me to get rid of
> them?



>> On Tuesday, May 11, 2010 6:07 AM David H. Lipman wrote:


>> From: "John" <John@nospam>
>>
>> | I have Windows XP SP3
>> | A Malwarebytes scan has identified 264 files as Rogue.Reg tools in my
>> | application data folder. They are all named the same as follows;
>> | Regtool\QuarantineW\2009-02-28\14-12-400\regb..... ;each is then
>> | followed by a number starting from 0 to 264.
>> | Does anyone know what they are and would it be safe for me to get rid of
>> | them?
>>
>> Dump them all.
>>
>> --
>> Dave
>> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp



>>> On Friday, May 14, 2010 9:26 AM ksreek wrote:


>>> Regtool is a Fake rouge Program !
>>> Its a virus itself .
>>> http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-regtool.html
>>>
>>> Your Post Clarifies that the MBAM detected the Rougue successfully and all
>>> its associated files successfuly.
>>>
>>> Those files in the Quratine folder of the Rougue software are associated
>>> with that programs and are considered as junk.Henceforth its safe to delete
>>> them.Trash them with MBAM as suggested
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> ksreek
>>> Microsofty PSS
>>>
>>> "John" wrote:



>>>> On Friday, May 14, 2010 5:13 PM FromTheRafters wrote:


>>>> ...causing worldwide cosmetic damage;...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> *Not* a virus.



>>>>> On Friday, May 14, 2010 5:33 PM David H. Lipman wrote:


>>>>> From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> | ...causing worldwide cosmetic damage;...
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> | *Not* a virus.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Microsofty PSS"
>>>>>
>>>>> Bwahahahahahahahaha.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Dave
>>>>> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>>>>> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp



>>>>>> On Wednesday, May 19, 2010 12:24 AM All Points Pc wrote:


>>>>>> yes u can get rid of them it is the infected files your virus protection
>>>>>> quarantine just delete them
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ---
>>>>>> avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>>>>>> Virus Database (VPS): 100518-1, 05/18/2010
>>>>>> Tested on: 5/19/2010 12:24:47 AM
>>>>>> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2010 ALWIL Software.
>>>>>> http://www.avast.com



>>>>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>>>>>> JustCode Visual Studio Development Add-In by Telerik
>>>>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...y-telerik.aspx

 
Reply With Quote
 
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3

 
      10-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Think about this virus is also known as false ThinkPoint part of the basis of Microsoft's security alert. hat point is billed as one of the five removal tool to get rid of any infections found on the computer. The initial infection causes a failure of Windows desktop, remove all icons and show only a false warning. Attempt to clean up the malware will open a new window displaying multiple virus scanners, but only those rogue program will be able to determine the infection, including the thinking point.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3

 
      27-12-2011, 10:19 AM
I have Windows XP SP3
| A Malwarebytes scan has identified 264 files as Rogue.Reg tools in my
| application data folder. They are all named the same as follows;
| Regtool\QuarantineW\2009-02-28\14-12-400egb. ;each is then
| followed by a number starting from 0 to 264.
| Does anyone know what they are and would it be safe for me to get rid of
| them?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tools to test server Security Altria Virus Information 3 26-09-2005 02:11 PM
dak's Custom Blocking List 2005.04.05.S.264 dak Spyware 1 05-04-2005 08:17 PM
Good WEB Site for Learning and Tools? Allan C Virus Information 4 15-02-2005 02:33 PM
virus and adware and spyware tools farshad Virus Information 1 28-10-2004 08:55 PM
Win Tools, Is it Legit? Jeremy Daniel Virus Information 1 25-06-2004 07:44 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 PM.